Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Death Scene

Old Lodge Skins doesn't actually die here, but he's ready for the change.  As portrayed by the actor Chief Dan George, in the film Little Big Man.  (Link):
Come out and fight!  It is a good day to die!  Thank you for making me a human being.  Thank you for helping me to become a warrior.  Thank you for my victories and for my defeats.  Thank you for my vision, and the blindness in which I saw further.  You make all things and direct them in their ways, o grandfathers.  And now, you have decided the human beings will soon walk a road that leads nowhere.  I am going to die now, unless death wants to fight.  And I ask you for the last time, to grant me my old power to make things happen.  Take care of my son here.  See that he doesn't go crazy.
(lays down and closes eyes for a time)

Am I still in this world?  I was afraid of that.  Well, sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't.

No comments: